Register for a placement auditon:
- Please submit the Instrumental Ensemble Placement Form by Monday, September 4.
- You will receive your audition time and location after September 4, 2017.
- Audition music PDFS will be posted on this website during the first week of September.
- All communications will be sent via email to your Oregon State University email address.
Auditions are 10 minutes long.
The audition will consist of the following:
- Auditions are blind (judges behind a screen).
- Please prepare a 3 minute excerpt of your choice.
- Please prepare the audition music that will be posted the first week of September.
- There will be sight reading during your audition.
Example downloadable audition materials
TBA - September 2017
Additional audition tips:
- Bring your class schedule with you.
- You will be greeted by music students who know the process and can answer questions, and you will be auditioning for a few members of the OSU faculty, who are eager to listen to you and have you join us.
- Hydrate well - it can be very warm in mid-September in the Willamette Valley!
- Keep a consistent practice routine all summer. We want to hear you at your very best.