Music scholarships at Oregon State are available for all students based on their performance ability, experience, scholarship and financial need. Music scholarships require an application and an audition, as well as a commitment to participate in music.
Other scholarship opportunities are available through the university. It is to your advantage to apply early for admission to the university in order to be eligible and considered for other scholarships. For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid.
We encourage experienced musicians interested in music at Oregon State to come for a live audition.
Auditions for the 2015-2016 school year will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2015 at Oregon City High School in Oregon City, and on Saturday March 7, 2015 in Benton Hall on the Oregon State University Campus. The application and reference forms will be available on this website in September 2014.
Submit the Scholarship Application Here (not available until September)
Reference Forms may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (not available until September)
Auditions will be held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. till 4 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. There is no sign up for a specific audition time. Applicants arriving after 4 p.m. will not heard.
What to bring:
- Any letters of recommendation or academic documents that were not previously submitted.
- Your instrument, if applicable
- Your music
The music scholarship audition will consist of:
- A performance of up to 10 minutes of solo literature for your instrument or voice. An accompanist will be provided. We would prefer that you include at least two works or contrasting musical styles. Jazz players will be required to demonstrate classical music ability.
- You may also demonstrate your ability on a secondary instrument, but the main criteria for scholarship awards will be based on your primary instrument performance.
- An interview about your background and aspirations.
- A short sight-reading exercise.
If you are not able to audition on one of our scheduled dates, you are welcome to send an audio or audio-visual file. CD’s or DVD’s should provide at least ten minutes of music of at least two contrasting styles. Audition recordings will not be returned. While generally we are not able to schedule special individual auditions, you may make a special request for extenuating circumstances for special consideration to Dr. Tina Bull, Scholarship Coordinator.
We welcome your interest in music at Oregon State University. If you have questions regarding our programs, the scholarship audition procedure or any other matter, please feel free to contact one of our area directors: