- About Us
- Academic Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Alumni & Friends
- University Theatre
We offer a variety of scholarships to support active undergraduate students in Theatre throughout the year, including the Paula & Ken Krane Theatre Fund, D. Palmer Young Memorial Scholarship, the Alice & William R. Sibley Scholarship In Theater Arts, Peggy and Justin Hawkwood Scholarship in Dramatic Arts, Alice I. Wallace Scholarahip, and the Charlotte J. Headrick Theatre Scholarship.
Deadline is March 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm PDT
For any questions: Email Marissa.Solini@oregonstate.edu
PEGGY AND JUSTIN HAWKWOOD SCHOLARSHIP IN DRAMATIC ARTS
Scholarship established by Justin and Peggy Hawkwood, former OSU actors.
Full-time undergraduate or graduate student - any major or minor
Involvement with three OSU productions
Cumulative 3.25 GPA or higher
WILLIAM R. & ALICE SIBLEY ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP IN THEATRE ARTS
The fund is made possible by a generous endowment from William R. and Alice Sibley, longtime theatre educators and supporters of Oregon State University Theatre.
In application explain academic and artistic accomplishments, past/continuing involvement in OSU Theatre, and professional goals in relationship to theatre education
Full-time undergraduate with a Theatre Arts major or minor, with intent to puruse a career in teaching after graduation
Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
D. PALMER YOUNG MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship honors D. Palmer Young, professor in the Department of Speech Communication and a University Theatre faculty member from the mid 1920’s through the late 1960’s.
1) Letter of application detailing the student’s past involvement in and commitment to the theatre program, the apparent promise of continuing contribution and financial need
Consistent participation in the Oregon State Univesity Theatre program
Any major or minor
ALICE I. WALLACE SCHOLARSHIP
Student must be majoring in Communication or Theatre Arts
Must be a Junior or Senior in class standing
3.25 GPA or above
Student must be involved in extra-curricular speech and/or theatre activities
Finanical need not considered
This scholarship alternates every year between being awarded from the Speech Communication department or the Theatre Arts department. The 2018-2019 award will be for Theatre.
CHARLOTTE J HEADRICK THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP
The Charlotte J. Headrick Theatre Scholarship Fund (“Fund”) provides scholarships for theatre students who have been involved in multiple aspects of theatre such as performance, production, directing and design.
Recipients are to be selected in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures for awarding scholarships and fellowships.
The faculty may award the scholarship to the same student in successive years if he or she continues to meet the criteria.
If no theatre students are available, the scholarship may be awarded to a Speech Communication student.
KEN & PAULA KRANE THEATRE ENDOWMENT
Scholarship and mini-grants established by Ken and Paula Krane, long-time University Theatre patrons.
1) Currently enrolled OSU student with a declared theatre arts option in the speech communication major or a declared minor in theatre arts;
2) Involvement in production during the designated term of the scholarship;
3) Production involvement is included but not limited to running crews, production staff positions (designers, assistants, stage mangers, etc.), front-of-house, and acting;
4) All aspects of a student’s previous and current work with the UT (classroom and production) will be considered;
5) Students whose involvement is limited paid work on production (work-study or student wage) are not eligible unless they occupy a non-paid production assignment;
6) No student will be eligible to receive more than $1,000 in a single academic year and/or $2,000 over the course of their OSU undergraduate study in Krane scholarship funds (excluding mini-grants).
Theatre arts faculty will nominate and select recipients from currently enrolled OSU students.
The awards shall consist of up to $1,500 in multiple scholarships (that is, $500 per term of the academic year) annually. Scholarship funds must be applied to the student’s OSU account.
Award, Fall, Winter and Spring (possibly Summer): $500
Approximately $500 in mini-grant money per academic year from the Krane Theatre Fund will be made available to OSU theatre students “and support for production expenses of student-led projects.”
1) OSU theatre major or minor;
2) Any theatre activity associated with OSU classes, sponsored student productions, and/or sponsored student theatre activities/projects;
3) Application outlining the details of the project and request
Examples of possible projects/activities eligible for support include but are not limited to student Lab productions, portfolio development or improvement, conference attendance, bringing special guests/speakers to campus, and specialized course/training.
Funds will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis by the University Theatre faculty, taking into account the details of the project/application and the previous work of the student.
The award of the mini-grants will range from $25 - $75, depending on the details of the request and the funds available. No single project will receive more than $100. No student will receive more than a total of $150 in mini-grant funds per academic year.