The Women, Gender, and Sexuality major and minor are both completely available through Extended Campus at Oregon State University.
Students can join others around the state, nation, and world in online discussions and projects.
In recent years, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies online students have participated from Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Georgia, France, Germany, and Japan. Online instructors are outstanding campus and community scholars who teach students in this unique learning environment. Many Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies online courses meet university Baccalaureate Core requirements. All can be applied to a liberal studies major, a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies major, or a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor.
The Queer Studies minor is currently in the approval process through E-campus and can be added to a WGSS major or minor. Students may begin work toward the Queer Studies minor now.
Current Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies courses currently being offered online are listed below.
In addition to all the required courses being offered at least once every year, we offer a variety of electives each term, some of which are exclusively taught online. A few courses are offered each summer term in 4 and 10-week options. Additional online courses are in development.
WGSS Major Requirements:
- WGSS 223 Women: Self and Society
- WGSS 224 Women: Personal and Social Change
- WGSS/QS 262 Introduction to Queer Studies
- WGSS 270 Violence Against Women
- WGSS 410 Internship
- WGSS 414 Systems of Oppression in Women’s Lives
- WGSS 416 Theories of Feminism
- WGSS 430 Women of Color Feminisms
- WGSS 460 Women and Sexuality
- WGSS 480 International Women
- WGSS 498 Senior Seminar/Project
- WGSS 230 Women in the Movies
- WGSS 235 Global Women in the Movies
- WGSS 240 Gender and Sport
- WGSS 280 Women Worldwide
- WGSS 320 Gender in Technology
- WGSS 325 Disney: Gender, Race, Empire
- WGSS 340 Gender and Science
- WGSS/QS 364 Transgender Politics
- WGSS 380 Muslim Women
- WGSS/QS 431 Queer of Color Critiques
- WGSS 440 Women and Natural Resources
- WGSS/QS 462 Queer Theories
- WGSS 465 Women, Weight, and Body Image
- WGSS 466 Fat Studies
- WGSS/QS 472 Indigenous Two-Spirit and Queer Studies
- WGSS/QS 477 Queer/Trans People of Color Arts and Activism
- WGSS 490 Self-Esteem and Personal Power
- WGSS 525 Gender & Technology
Please contact the WGSS Online Advisor if you have questions about adding the major or minor or would like more information.
Senior Instructor, Online Advisor