|Digging equipment ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO GET EACH OF THESE ITEMS
- Marshalltown brand masonry trowel (The brand is important, I think, and Marshalltown is the best get a size 5 or 6 diamond-shaped trowel. These can be purchased at most hardware stores (e.g., Home Depot, ACE), just ask).
- a metal file (get a "bastard file", yes, it's actually called that) for sharpening your metal trowel (just smile and ignore the hardware store help that tells you that sharpening a masonry trowel is crazy)
- pencils, pens, eraser, small ruler, plastic protractor
- wooden sculpting tool for excavating bone, shell, and other fragile items (or, you can just get a pair of wooden chopsticks, or sharpen a wooden dowel or hardwood stick to a point)
- new (i.e., unused) small synthetic fiber paint brush (1" or 2" width)
- a pair of work gloves (leather ones are better than the rubber covered cotton gloves)
- a small case to carry your digging items
Things that will be provided
- propane refrigerators
- propane stoves and ovens
- dish washing station
- drinking water
- restroom facilities
- cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- garbage station