Additional Major Requirements
All economics majors must complete courses to satisfy the following requirements:
- All major/option requirements (minimum 51 credits).
- All Baccalaureate Core requirements (minimum 48 credits). No Economics classes or College of Liberal Arts Core classes may be used for the Bacccalaureate Core.
- All College of Liberal Arts requirements (minimum 15 credits). No Economics classes or Baccalaureate Core classes may be used to satisfy the College of Liberal Arts Core.
- All College of Liberal Arts requirements for either the B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Total minimum credits of 180, at least 60 of which must be upper division (300 or 400 level).
- Students must earn a grade of "C" (2.00) or better in all upper division required courses: ECON 411 (or ECON 311), ECON 415 (or ECON 315), ECON 423 (or ST 351), ECON 427 (or ECON 424), WIC Course.
- Students must maintain an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 in all courses taken toward the Economics major as well as an overall OSU GPA of 2.00 or better.
- Students cannot receive credit toward the major for both ECON 311 and ECON 411, for both ECON 315 and ECON 415, and for both ECON 424 and ECON 427.
- No more than 4 credits of self-study courses (ECON 401-410) may be counted towards the 51 credit requirement.
- None of the 51 credits may be taken S/U.
- Take ECON 411 (or ECON 311) and ECON 415 (or ECON 315) as soon as possible.
- Do not wait until the end to take your Econometrics courses.
- Plan ahead! Not all classes are offered every term.