School of Public Policy
430 Bexell Hall
Oregon State University
- industrial organization
- microeconomic theory
- game theory
- law, economics, and regulation
- economics of the brewing industry
Victor Tremblay's research interests are in industrial organization, microeconomics, and game theory. Recent work has focused on Cournot-Bertrand models, behavioral economics, the economics of the brewing industry, and the economics of advertising. He is special editor of the industry issues section of the Review of Industrial Organization and is on the editorial board of Games and of Theoretical Economics Letters. His work has been published in many economics journals, including Economics Letters, Journal of Industrial Economics, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Review of Industrial Organization, Southern Economic Journal, and Antitrust Bulletin.
Victor J. Tremblay, Professor, received his Ph.D. from Washington State University in 1983. He joined the OSU Economics Department in 1990.
- Handbook of Behavioral Industrial Organization, Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming (co-edited with Liz Schroeder and Carol Tremblay).
- “Tax Incidence and Demand Convexity in Cournot, Bertrand, and Cournot-Bertrand Models,” Public Finance Review, 2017 (with Mark Tremblay).
- “Advertising and Strategic Trade in a Cournot-Bertrand Model,” The International Trade Journal, 2016 (with Elizabeth Schroeder).
- “A Reappraisal of Strategic Trade Policy,” Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, 2015 (with Elizabeth Schroeder).
- “Craft Beer in the United States: History, Numbers, and Geography,” Journal of Wine Economics, 2015 (with Ken Elzinga and Carol Tremblay).
- “Misvaluation and Behavioral Bias in Financial Markets,” Journal of Behavioral Finance, 2015 (with Jay Gokhale and Carol Tremblay).
- “Endogenous Timing and Strategic Choice: The Cournot-Bertrand Model,” Bulletin of Economic Research, 2013 (with Carol Horton Tremblay and Kosin Isariyawongse).
- “Competition and Price Wars in the U.S. Brewing Industry,” Journal of Wine Economics, 2012 (with Jay Gokhale).
- “Market Power and Technology,” Review of Industrial Organization, 2012 (with Rolf Färe and Shawna Grosskopf).
- "The Cournot-Bertrand Model and the Degree of Product Differentiation", Economics Letters, 2011 (with Carol Tremblay).
- The U.S. Brewing Industry: Data and Economic Analysis, MIT Press, 2005 (with Carol Tremblay).