Recognizing that travel to complete scholarship and research activities sometimes has unexpected costs, the Research Program Manager for the College of Liberal Arts will provide funds to help offset the costs of travel. These funds are prioritized for items essential to the completion of scholarship, creative, or research activities, such as travel to a library, archives, or a conference. Generally, the maximum award will not exceed $500 for domestic travel or $1,000 for international travel. Other, third-party sources can also be identified. Please contact the CLA Research Program Manager to strategize ways to find additional support.
Travel grants are intended to assist with and offset the costs of travel, and are not intended to cover the entire costs. Travel Grants are considered particularly appropriate in cases where the timeliness of the activities are critical.
Direct questions to the CLA Research Program Manager, email@example.com, 541 737 1537.
The Travel Grants Program is open to full-time CLA tenure-track or tenured faculty for whom research, scholarship, and/or creative activity are assigned as one of their primary job responsibilities. Travel Grants are not for graduate students.
Travel Grant requests must be submitted before the travel dates are scheduled.
- Complete the Travel Grants application form.
- Attach proof of activities, such as a conference agenda, or correspondence with the library or archives confirming materials and access.
- Email the request and supporting documents to your School Director for approval.
- The School Director should write an endorsement letter for the request, including:
- The importance of the activity in your field.
- The importance of the activity to your academic career,
- The importance to the College and to the University
- Your director’s signature is required on the application form. The signature commits the school’s support of 25% of the total request.
Submit your director’s endorsement together with the application materials to the CLA Research Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 541 737 1537.