- Future Students
- Current Students
- The CLA Community
NSF Biosketch Templates - Much of the information is standard, so this is a good model to follow if your sponsor does not specify the format.
NIH Biosketch Template and Sample - NIH Biosketches are unique in that they include space for a personal statement.
sciENcv - A researcher profile online system for formatting biosketches for research proposals to funding agencies such as NIH or NSF.
NEW!! Please contact the CLA Proposal Development Office for assistance developing your budget or to receive a budget template that is a good fit for your proposed project. Send a quick Request for Grant Support.
- A list of your current and pending funding support helps agencies justify that your past, existing, and future efforts will allow you to be successful. While this template is specific to NSF, the form provides standard information that other agencies will accept.
DMP Tool - A data management planning tool for research proposals to funding agencies
OSU Library Research Data Services - The OSU Library has staff who specialize in data management. They are experts that stay up on the trends for open access data and data management.
- Required by NSF and by NIH, this template will help you justify that the facilities you have at OSU or at your research sites are appropriate for you to accomplish your proposal objectives. For many humanities and liberal arts faculty, such a statement will simply specify an office, a desk, a computer, as well as libraries or other such resources where research and scholarship will be conducted.
Additionally, NIH requires you to identify your projects Specific Aims. Another NIH requirement is a Public Health Relevance Statement. Samples and templates of these statements are available on the NIH Sample Applications and Summary Statements website
Broader impacts can be described as the societal benefit provided by and/or linked to research spending. Broader impacts is a term used by NSF, although incorporating societal benefits into proposals will help you communicate the relevance and the immediacy of your research. Here is a Guiding Principles resource from ARIS (Advancing Reseearch Impacts in Society) to help guide your thinking. And here is a link to a report produced by NSF called Perspectives on Broader Impacts. Both of these documents will help thinking about the broader impacts of research. Consider developing a robust Broader Impacts Engagement plan with OSU PreCollege Programs.
- When an OSU faculty will serve as a co-PI on a proposal being submitted by another institution, a formal letter of collaboration is often required.
- Often times, letters of intent, or of interest are required by some funding sources before you can submit your proposal. This template includes some of the language you might need.
- A statement about OSU is often required in some funding agencies' grant application processes. Be sure to season this template with information about your schools and programs.