The Psychology Engagement Scholarship
The School of Psychological Science invites applications for the Psychology Engagement Scholarship, which will be awarded to a Psychology major who will be enrolled as an undergraduate at Oregon State University during the 2018-19 academic year.
The Psychology Engagement Scholarship will provide $1000 to be used towards educational expenses. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance, engagement in psychological activities, such as participating in research or completing an internship, and promise for the future.
Evaluation of nominations will be based upon academic merit as demonstrated by:
- academic & professional strengths articulated in the application letter and a faculty recommendation
- clarity of direction articulated in the student’s statement of goals for the future
- GPA over 3.5 in all courses taken at OSU and all Psychology courses taken at OSU
- timely progress toward degree completion
- Senior standing by Fall 2018 or Winter 2019
Applications must be received in the School of Psychological Science by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2018. The recipients will be announced by the end of Spring quarter.
An application form may be found HERE
To complete this form, applicants should include:
- An application letter describing your accomplishments in psychology, including research activities, internships, volunteer work, etc. Please describe your contribution to the lab or internship site. Accomplishments can also be reflected in grade point average, GRE or other test scores, publications, presentations, awards/honors, and/or other professional activity.
- A recommendation from the faculty member who supervised your research activities or from the person who supervised your internship at the internship site. The form for this recommendation may be found HERE
- Statement of your goals for the future
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae