- About Us
- Academic Programs
- Learning Outcomes
- Current and Future Students
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Music Events
- Ensembles & Festivals
- Request Information
Undergraduate music program and scholarship auditions at Oregon State are open to all interested students. Scholarship awards are based on performance ability, experience, scholarship and financial need. Music scholarships require an application and an audition, as well as a commitment to participate in music. All students wishing to major in music at Oregon State are expected to audition at one of the dates listed below.
Other scholarship opportunities are available through the university. It is to your advantage to apply early for admission to the university in order to be eligible and considered for other scholarships. For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid.
We encourage all experienced musicians interested in music at Oregon State to come for a live audition.
Music scholarship audition dates and locations for 2020-2021
1. Complete and submit the audition registration and scholarship application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
2. Please have two references complete the online reference form before your audition.Your musical references may not be from friends or family. You will need to provide:
3. You will need to submit an unofficial copy (JPEG, PDF, or PNG file) of your transcripts when submitting the online application.
4. You will also need to submit:
What to bring:
The music scholarship audition will consist of:
If you are not able to audition on one of our scheduled dates, you are welcome to send an audio or audio-visual file. CD’s or DVD’s should provide at least ten minutes of music of at least two contrasting styles. Audition recordings will not be returned. While generally we are not able to schedule special individual auditions, you may make a special request to the scholarship coordinator for extenuating circumstances when submitting the application.
We welcome your interest in music at Oregon State University. If you have questions regarding our programs, the scholarship audition procedure or any other matter, please feel free to contact one of our area directors.