- About Us
- Academic Programs
418B Bexell Hall
Andy Edwards is unsure of where his hometown really is; he needs his own concert t-shirt. He grew up in North Carolina, attended high school in Connecticut, and has lived in Arizona, Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Indiana, Germany, and Oregon. He has bachelor’s degrees in history and political science from Northwestern and master’s degrees in College Administration from Indiana and Sociology from Oregon (boo, hiss!). Although he tries to suppress his inner geek, it does take over when discussing Lord of the Rings and the Muppets. He has been an academic advisor for multiple majors at various universities for over twenty years.
Advising appointments can be made via one of two online systems.
1. Please see the links below for some frequently asked questions. You might find an answer without needing an appointment!
2. Please see farther below for a list of advising expectations.
3. If I am currently your assigned advisor (true of most non-freshmen PS majors), you can make an appointment via Beaver Hub.
Please click on the "Success Team" tab and find my name in the list. Once you click on it, there is a button to "Schedule an Appointment"
at the top of my profile. In the "What would you like to talk about?" box, please include as much detail as you can.
4. Otherwise, the "Book Now" link below will take you to my MS Bookings appointment system.
5. When setting your appointment, please use your OSU e-mail address if you have one.
To use MS Bookings to make an appointment with Andy, use this button:
As the student, you should:
Your advisor should: