You are here
Most Recent Publications of Faculty in the School of Public Policy
- Emerson, Patrick. (2015). “Bricks, Mortar and Wedding Bells: Does the Cost of Housing Affect the Marriage Rate in the US?” with Simon
W. Bowmaker. Eastern Economic Journal. Summer 2015, Vol. 41, pp. 411-429.
- Färe, Rolf, B.M. Balk, G. Karagiannis. (2015). “On Directional Scale Elasticity,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, 99-104.
- Grosskopf, Shawna, R. Färe, C. Pasurka. (2016). "Technical Change and Pollution Abatement Costs." European Journal of
Operational Research, 248:2. 715-724.
- Marshall, Kandice, S. Riche, R. Seeley, and P. Westcott. (2015.) "Effects of Recent Energy Price Reductions on
U.S. Agriculture, BIO-04," U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Meng, Qinglai, Jianpo Xue. (2015). “Balanced-budget consumption taxes and aggregate stability in a small open economy.” Economics Letters, Vol. 137, December, 214-217.
- Pugatch, Scott, Sarah Bohn. (2015). “U.S. Border Enforcement and Mexican Immigrant Location Choice.” Demography, October.
- Schroeder, Elizabeth. (2015). "Dynamic Labor Supply Adjustment with Bias Correction." Empirical Economics. Forthcoming
- Thompson, Paul, Cassie Guarino, Michelle Maxeld, Mark Reckase, Je Wooldridge. (2015). "An Evaluation of Empirical Bayes's Estimation of Value-Added Teacher Performance Measures." Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 40(2), 190-222.
- Tremblay, Carol Horton, Victor J. Tremblay, Kosin Isariyawongse. (2013). “Endogenous Timing and Strategic Choice: The Cournot-Bertrand Model,” Bulletin of Economic Research.
- Tremblay, Victor, with Hyungho Youn. (2015). “A Dynamic Cournot Model with Brownian Motion,” Theoretical Economics Letters, 5, February, 56-65.
- Baker, K. and Irving, A. (online first 2015). "Co-producing approaches to the management of Dementia through Social Prescribing", Social Policy and Administration, DOI: 10.1111/spol.12127
- Below, Amy (2015). Environmental Politics and Foreign Policy Decision Making in Latin America: Ratifying the Kyoto Protocol. New York: Routledge.
- Bernell, David, and Simon, Christopher. (2015). The Energy Security Dilemma: U.S. Policy and Practice. London: Routledge.
- Johnston, Alison. (2016). From Convergence to Crisis: Labor Markets and the Instability of the Euro. Cornell University Press, in the Cornell Studies in Money Series.
- Jones, Michael D, Elizabeth A. Shanahan, and Mark K. McBeth (eds). (2014). The Science of Stories: Applications of the Narrative Policy Framework in Public Policy Analysis. New York, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Kneis, Philipp, Antje Dallmann. (2016). "Old Age and Disability." In: Boesenberg, Eva, Antje Dallmann, Marin Klepper, eds. Approaches to American Cultural Studies. London: Routledge.
- Li, Hua-Yu. (2015). “From Revolutionary Party to Ruling Party: The CCP’s Adoption of the Soviet Governmental Structure in the Early 1950s,” Special Issue, Modern China Studies, online version, October 2014; printed version, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 29-44.
- Solberg, Rorie Spill and Eric N. Waltenburg. (2014). The Media, the Court, and the Misrepresentation: The New Myth of the Court. Law and Politics Series. Routledge
- Steel, Brent S. (ed.) (2014). Science and Politics: An A to Z Guide to Issues and Controversies. Sage/CQ Press.
- Stout, Christopher. (2015). Bringing Race Back In: Black Politicians, Deracialization, and Voting Behavior in the Age of Obama. U of Virginia Press.
- Weber, Edward. 2015 “The Adaptive Venue Shopping Framework: How Emergent Groups Choose Environmental Policymaking Venues,” with Aaron Ley (lead), Environmental Politics 24 (5).
- Wolters, E.A. & Steel, B.S. (2015). “Cheatgrass Empire: Lands as a Contested Resource,” Dennis Judd and Stephanie Witt, eds. Cities, Sagebrush, and Solitude: Urbanization and Cultural Conflict in the Great Basin. Reno, NV: University of Nevada Press.
- Mosher, Clayton, Scott Akins. (2014). Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration (Second Edition). Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Boudet, Hilary S., C. Clarke, D. Bugden, E. Maibach, C. Roser-Renouf, A. Leiserowitz (2014). “Fracking” controversy and communication: Using national survey data to understand public perceptions of hydraulic fracturing. Energy Policy 65: 57-67.
- Brett C. Burkhardt, Alisha Jones. 2015 (advance online publication). "Judicial Intervention into Prisons: Comparing Private and Public Prisons from 1990 to 2005.'' Justice System Journal.
- Ferreira, M.A., Pereira da Silva, C., Campbell, H.V., Conway, Flaxen, Andrade, F., and D. Johnson. (2015.) "Gold Rush or Pandora’s Box? Toward a Transparent and Measured Approach to Marine Spatial Planning in Portugal." The International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law. 30:1-27.
- Perry, E. E., Needham, M. D., Cramer, Lori A., & Rosenberger, R. S. (2014). Coastal resident knowledge of new marine reserves in Oregon: The impact of proximity and attachment. Ocean and Coastal Management, 95(8), 107-116.
- Crawford, Seth. (2014.) “Estimating the Quasi-Underground: Oregon’s Informal Marijuana Economy.” Humboldt Journal of Social Relations. 36: 108-126.
- Edwards, Mark. (2014). Writing in Sociology. Second Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Press.
- Alexandre, Patricia M., Miranda H. Mockrin, Susan I. Stewart, Roger B. Hammer, and Volker C. Radeloff. (2015), “Rebuilding and new housing development after wildfire.” International Journal of Wildland Fire 24(1):138–149.
- Hurst, Allison. (2015). “Great Expectations: Classed Outcomes of Liberal Arts College Graduates,” in: Stitch, Amy, Carrie Freie (Eds.). Inequality of Access, Opportunity, and Outcome: Readings on the Working Class in Higher Education. New York: Routledge.
- Inderbitzin, Michelle, Kristin A. Bates, and Randy Gainey. 2015. Perspectives on Deviance and Social Control. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Kretschmer, Kelsy. 2014. “Shifting Boundaries and Splintering Movements: Abortion Rights in the Feminist and New Right Movements.” Sociological Forum 29: 893-915.
- Lach, Denise, Dan Calvert. (2014.) "Designing an Agency to Manage a Wicked Water Problem: The Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board." Pp 96-118 in Meijerink and Hitema, Editors. The Politics of River Basin Organizations. UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Plaza, Dwaine. (2014). “Roti and Doubles as Comfort Foods for the Trinidadian Diaspora in Canada, the United States, and Britain” Social Research: An International Quarterly, Vol. 81, No.2, pp. 463-488.
- Spalding, Ana K, Suman, Daniel O., Mellado Maria E. (2015.) "Navigating the evolution of marine policy in Panama: Current policies and community responses in the Pearl Islands and Bocas del Toro Archipelagos of Panama." Marine Policy 62: 161-168.
- Jayakumar, U. M., Vue, Rican, Allen, W. R. (2013). "Pathways to college for Young Black Scholars: A community cultural wealth perspective." The Harvard Educational Review, 83(4), 551-57.
Online Research Projects