Employee Information
Employee benefits and requirements, resources, and teaching

Graduate School Orientation
For more information check the Graduate School website.

For information on English and Writing TA Orientation, see Employee Information.

OSU Email
As an OSU student, you have free OSU email (called ONID), which you can (and should) set up as soon as you have registered for at least one class. Once you have your new ONID email address, the university and department will do most of its correspondence with you via email.

GTA Travel
Travel Pre-Authorization Form
Appliation for MA Travel Award

Registering for Classes
If you have questions about what courses to register for, check with MA Director Raymond Malewitz or the MFA Director, Susan Rodgers.

As part of your contract, TAs are required to register for a minimum of 12 credit hours each term. As a teaching assistant, you must register for the required 2-credit practicum outlined on the employee page.

To register for any course which requires departmental approval, please come to the department office for a form. If you are not on campus please contact Administrative Program Assistant Teagan Lochner, and she will give you a departmental approval override.

Though tuition is paid for teaching assistants, you will still be obligated to pay student fees each term. Specific information can be found at the Arts and Sciences Business Website in Hoveland Hall Room 008.


GTA Resources