The Energy Policy concentration includes courses that address policy and politics, institutions, markets, economics, technologies, and human impacts; and requires students to complete their MPP essay or PhD dissertation on a topic related to energy policy.
This concentration provides students with a broad knowledge of US energy policy and institutions, how these impact the development of energy markets, and the major and emerging technologies and resources currently in use and under development.
The Energy Policy Concentration Advisor is Professor David Bernell.
Energy Policy Faculty available for MPP Student Committees.
OSU Energy Initiatives:
OSU Sustainable Energy and Infrastructure Initiative: http://senergi.oregonstate.edu/
Oregon Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies Center: http://oregonbest.org/
OSU Sun Grant Program in Biomass Energy: http://sungrant.oregonstate.edu/
Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center: http://nnmrec.oregonstate.edu
Courses [16 credits for MPP and PhD]:
- PS 573 - U.S. Energy Policy [4 credits]
- PS 578 - Renewable Energy Policy [4 credits]
- PPOL 541 - Energy and Society [4 credits]
- PPOL 547 - Integrated Approaches to Food-Water-Energy-Climate [4 credits]
- PS 555 - The Politics of Climate Change [4 credits]
- NE 507 - Nuclear Nonproliferation [1 credit]
- PPOL 544 - Collaborative Governance [4 credits]
- PS 575 - Environmental Politics and Policy [4 credits]
- PS 599 - The (Geo)Politics of Oil and Energy [4 credits]