Several years ago we started a program to bring back alumni to meet with our current faculty and students. These programs have been great ways to get our students thinking about career development and considering a variety of career paths. Topics have included: Preparing for Graduate School, Getting that First Job, Making Your Internship Work for You, and, What Can I Expect 20 Years Out?
If you would like to come back to campus and meet with our students and faculty, please let us know. Lunch is on us! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following alumni have visted the department to talk about where their degree has taken them.
- Eric Blakely (BS, 1998; MSW, 2003). Psychiatric Social Worker, Good Samaritan.
- Jim McElhinny (BS, 1978). Director of Park and Recreation Services, Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District.
- Sheryl Thorburn (BA, 1984; MA, 1985; MPH, 1990; Ph.D., 1993). Associate Professor, Department of Public Health.
- Colynn Sears (BS, 1997). Foster Home Certifier/Diversion Specialist, Oregon Youth Authority.
- Jason Walling (BS, 1993). Human Services Child Welfare Program Manager, Marion County.
Photo: Jim McElhinny and Sheryl Thorburn (seated) meet with Sociology students and faculty.