Laura Relyea has been announced as this year’s winner of the OSU Academic Advising Award. This campuswide award was based on Laura’s excellence on the following criteria:
- Attitude: Demonstrating a professional attitude toward advisees through interpersonal skills and accessibility.
- Influence: Positively influencing and monitoring student academic success and development and mentoring colleagues.
- Contribution to the University Community: Promoting new and innovative programs that promote student success and development.
- Involvement: Demonstrating leadership, present or past, in a professional organization related to student development.
- Professional Development: Pursuing professional development such as attendance or presentation at seminars and conferences, at OSU or elsewhere.”
A huge thank you to the Economics program faculty who led the efforts to nominate Laura so that she could be so deservedly recognized.
This marks two campuswide Faculty Senate awards for SPP faculty members.